I thought I would write a brief post today with all the concerns over COVID-19. I understand how it feels to have fear with the spread of illness, especially if you’ve got little ones to care for. Good news is, there are some pretty simple remedies availabe right in your kitchen! natural
(Symptoms of COVID-19 are much like a cold or flu with the experience of a runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever, or difficulty breathing in severe cases. According the the World Health Organization, older people with pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, asthma, or heart disease may become more ill.)
Here are somple simple ways to boost your immune system and prevent the spread of illness for you and your family:
- Get lots of sunshine – Vitamin D naturally boosts the immune system to prevent illness. Taking a D3 supplement can also support the immune system through the winter season.
- Drink plenty of water – Geting enough water flushes out toxins. Staying hydrated is especially important to prevent illness.
- Honey and Ginger – Slice fresh ginger and soak in honey overnight. Ginger is known to be anti-inflammatory, helping with congestion, colds, and fevers.
- Elderberry Syrup – Elderberry syrup is known for shortening colds and flus, even relieving sinus infections. It is high in antioxidants.
- Probiotics – Probiotics like PB8 or other quality probiotics help to support the good bacteria in the gut, reducing overgrowth of bad bacteria.
- Vitamin C – I like Ester-C since it is easy on the stomach and more potent. I simply add to our kiddos applesauce.
- Essential Oils – Therapeutic grade essential oils are a tried and true remedy to boost the immune system, to provide natural relieve from colds and flus. Our family LOVES oils and use them daily to clean with and prevent the spread of germs. (See previous posts to purchase oils)
- Colloidal Silver – Colloidal silver has been used for years to relieve cold and flu symptoms. It can be purchased in local health food stores or made at home.
I am blending custom essential oil blends for our family and friends. If you are interested in a personal blend, please contact me directly through email. Eucalyptus, lemon, lavender, orange, and peppermint are a few of our favorites. Essential oils are antimicrobial, meaning they prevent the spread of virus and bacteria.
I hope this list provides some support to you and your family. While I don’t believe in creating fear, I do believe there are preventative measures we all can take to keep ourselves and our families happy and healthy. Please comment with any remedies you personally love! I hope you have a restful, relaxing weekend!!
Stay well, friends!